- License Details Open Business
- CALs Included 1 User CAL
- Installations Included Unlimited Connecting Device Installations per User License
- Users Supported 1 Local Users
- Devices Supported 1 Concurrent Local Connection per User License, Unlimited Non-Concurrent Devices per User License
- Licening Type Perpetual
- Licensing Term Indefinite
- Brand Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number R18-05768
- GTIN 695087062517
- Delivery Method Digital
- Estimated Delivery Time 1 - 2 Business Days
- Language English
- Platform Supported Server
- Operating System Supported Windows Server 2019
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 User CAL
Windows Server 2019 is a cloud-compatible operating system that supports current workloads while bringing forth new technologies that make the transition to cloud computing a lot simpler.
New layers of security
The system adds many new layers of security to Windows Server 2019 and applies Azure-inspired innovation to the applications and infrastructure to transform the way you do business.
For physical server environments
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 is designed for physical or minimally virtualized server environments.
Windows Server 2019 licensing model
This product is a license for a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop User CAL for Microsoft Windows Server 2019 (sold separately) that allows a device to connect to your server remotely.
Each user and device accessing a licensed Windows Server Standard, Datacenter or Multipoint edition require a Windows Server CAL, or a Windows Server and a RDS CAL.
The Windows Server 2019 licensing model includes both Cores + Client Access Licenses (CALs).
Access to server
A Windows Server CAL allows access to any edition of Windows Server of the same or earlier version.
Access to multiple licenses
Each Window Server CAL provides access to multiple licenses of Windows Server.
After the General Availability of Windows Server 2019, the business model for Standard and Datacenter editions will transition from processor-based to corebased licensing.
|Editions||Licensing model||CAL requirements*|
|Windows Server 2019 Datacenter||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Windows Server 2019 Standard||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Windows Server 2019 Essentials||Processor-based||No CAL required|
|Windows Server 2019 MultiPoint Premium Server||Processor-based||Windows Server CAL+ Remote Desktop Services CAL|
|Windows Storage Server 2019||Processor-based||No CAL required|
|Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2019||NA||NA|
* Some additional or advanced functionality such as Remote Desktop Services or Active Directory Rights Management Services will continue to require the purchase of an additive CAL.
Azure Hybrid Use Benefit
Rather than paying the full price for a new Windows Server virtual machine, you will pay only the base to compute rate.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.