|Features || |
Microsoft Fluent User Interface:
- Work more efficiently with the simple and intuitive Microsoft Fluent user interface new graphical menus and a familiar experience provide the tools you need to plan and manage your project.
- Task-oriented tabs and contextual menu groupings reveal powerful features, making it easier to get started and realize results.
- Learn about features and rich formatting controls quickly with descriptive tooltips and drop-down galleries.
- Simply be more productive by choosing your own menu options, quick access toolbar settings and setting defaults.
- Save to XPS or PDF. Quickly share, print, and publish project information from one location using the new Microsoft Office Backstage view.
Excel-Like Flexibility & Ease;
- Enhanced copy and paste makes it easy to share information effectively with other Microsoft Office applications while retaining formatting.
- Add columns dynamically by entering data without having to first select the data type.
- Simplify data entry with auto-complete which displays a list of previously used values to select from.
- Automatic text wrap eliminates extra formatting steps by adjusting row height to display full task names.
- Quickly mine data and analyze results with easy access filtering for all columns.
- Create emphasis with rich color options and text formatting to express ideas and solve problems in new ways.
- Gain flexibility with user-controlled scheduling manually schedule tasks with the information you have right now or choose to automatically schedule tasks with calculated dates and durations.
- Be alerted to potential scheduling concerns with squiggly lines and choose how to manage potential problems.
- Gain insight with the Task Inspector to recognize issues and take action early solving problems before they occur.
- Support rolling wave planning and easily create high level forecasts using manually scheduled top down summary tasks.
- Identify gaps by comparing manually scheduled summary tasks with information rolled up from subtasks.
- In Microsoft Project Professional 2010, you can simplify planning with inactive and activetasks to perform what-if analysis.
- Simply create the ultimate graphical timeline to express your schedule and plan.
- It's easier to see and share drill into details and visually recognize differences with a clear view of tasks, milestones, and phases.
- Reach your audience with new impact by quickly copying the timeline into an email, presentation, or any other document with formatting retained.
- Visualize the right mix of resources and assignments with a simple and intuitive resource view.
- Simply drag-and-drop to effectively plan tasks and optimize resources for your entire team and project.
- Quickly identify unassigned or unscheduled tasks to proactively solve problems.
- Simply hover over tasks to instantly view task-level details to plan with ease.
- Be visually alerted to potential problems, choose to manually level resources as you work.
- Automatically level over allocated resources on a task-by-task basis using Task Inspector to instantly resolve problems.