Microsoft Server 2012 R2 RDS 1 User CAL SAME DAY DELIVERYMFR # RDS2012-SAMEDAYx1 |
IN STOCK, Available for download within 30 minutes*
- Installation is guaranteed or your money back!
- The price you see is the price you pay!*
- Volume discounts available
- Support team available to assist you
Loading Recommended Products
Microsoft Server 2012 R2 RDS 1 User CAL SAME DAY DELIVERY [RDS2012-SAMEDAYx1]
Same Day license Delviered within 30 minutes during normal business hours.
SERVERS: 2012 and 2012 R2 Standard, Enterprise or Datacenter
Once the licensing grace period is past, you must have a license for each connecting user or device to connect to an RD Session Host server. Youll also need to install an RD Licensing server. You can install the RD Licensing role service on the same server?the service isnt very demanding?or on a separate server.
Youll need to purchase RDS Client Access Licenses (CALs) and install them on the RD Licensing server. These RDS CALs are tied to the server, but RDS lets you move them to new hardware if needed. Remember that RDS supports both per-user and per-device licensing. The model you choose should depend on whether you have more users or computers. RDS does not have concurrent-user licensing, and the licenses you choose must match the mode for which you configure the RD Session Host server.
Install the RD Licensing role service just as you did the RD Session Host role service. Then you must:
- Activate the RD Licensing server
- Install RDS CALs so the RD Licensing server can allocate them to users and devices
- Tell the RD Session Host server to use the RD Licensing server (you must do this even if the two role services are located on the same machine)
You can virtualize an RD Session Host server, but youll likely see a reduction in the number of simultaneous sessions it can support. Be sure to model on the same machine type (physical or virtual) you intend to use. If you do build a virtual RD Session Host server, you should probably use a server with a processor supporting second-level address translation (SLAT) to reduce the overhead of memory mapping between the physical machine and the VMs. To reduce overhead, its also advisable to use a Type 1 hypervisor like Hyper-V, not a Type 2.
Request a Quote
* Shipping and taxes may differ by region
* License keys/serial numbers are emailed out within 30 minutes of purchase during normal business hours ( 6am - 5pm Pacific Time ). After hours licenses are emailed up to 2 hours after purchase before 8pm Pacific Time. Remaining licenses will be emailed the following morning. For orders placed on a weekend after 8pm Pacific Time, licenses are filled the next day by noon.
* Instant support only available during normal business hours.
Back to top