Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Retail BoxMFR # FQC-00130 Shipped Product
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Retail Box
Moving from Windows XP or Windows Vista to Windows 7 is easy when using Microsoft Windows 7 Professional software from My Choice Software. This upgrade is the retail box version and this software can be installed on multiple machines unlike original equipment manufacturer (OEM) software. When installing OEM software, the product is tied to the machine so if the PC dies, the software is lost. The retail box version of the operating system can be installed on a different computer if the original PC malfunctions. Note that although the software can be installed multiple times, only one license can be active at a time. Windows 7 brought new features to the landscape when it was introduced in 2009 including a new look task bar and the Snap window management system. Windows 7 also introduced Internet Explorer 8 and Windows Media Player 12 to the market. Windows 7 Professional includes networking and security features for use by larger businesses including an encrypting file system and the ability for users to join a workgroup known as Windows Domain. Although this version of the operating system was designed for use by medium and large businesses, it can be used in the home as well.
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional gives you everything you need for work and home. With Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode and recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium, its a great choice for home and for business.
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation
- Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often
- Make your web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC
- Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup
- Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode
- Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join
- In addition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions, you can back up to a home or business network
Simplify everyday tasks
- Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists, and Snap.
- Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
- Easy to network (with or without a server)
- Back up your complete system over a network
Work the way you want
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
- Windows XP Mode gives you the flexibility you need.
Make new things possible
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV with Windows Media Center.
- Watch your favorite DVD movies.
- Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
- Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
- Manufacturer Part Number FQC-00130
- Manufacturer Website Address http://www.microsoft.com
- Brand Name Microsoft
- Product Type Operating System
- Software Name Windows 7 Professional
- Platform Supported PC
- License Quantity 1 PC
- Distribution Media/Method DVD-ROM
- Use XP Mode:
- Run many existing productivity and business programs designed for Windows XP additional necessary software is available for download, free-of-charge from Microsoft
- Take advantage of the powerful diagnostics and troubleshooters built into Action Center to resolve many computer problems on your own
- See device pictures and status and run common tasks from a single window
- Use Domain Join to connect PCs quickly and more securely to your wired or wireless domain network
- Protect your data from user error, hardware failure, and other problems. You can back up your files to an external hard drive, secondary hard drive, writable CD or DVD, or to a network location
- Use HomeGroup to connect your PCs running Windows 7 to a single printer. Specify exactly what you want to share from each PC with all the PCs in the HomeGroup
- Just click on the Start button, and enter a word or few letters in the name or file you want into the search box, and you'll get an organized list of results
- Use Location Aware Printing to identify your printer when moving between the office and home
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)