Microsoft Windows Server 2008 RDS 1 Device CAL + Qual Parts
Limited Time Offer for Businesses!
Discover current threats & weaknesses to your company's security using our Network Analysis.
Our IT agent will call you after you place your order to setup your Network Analysis!
- Installation Method: Digital Download
- Estimated Delivery Time: 1 - 2 Business Days
- Devices Supported: 1 Device
- Installations Supported: 1 Connecting Installation per Device License
- License Type: Perpetual
- License Term: Indefinite
- Licensed Use: Licensed for Home and Commercial Use
- Brand: Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number: 6VC-01762 -08-1D - 01 - 6101
- Features: Includes 1 Device CAL
- CALs Included: 1 Device CAL
Windows Remote Desktop Services 2008
Using Remote Desktop Services with Windows Server 2008 R2 opens a whole range of deployment scenarios using the new server roles and other features.
Remote Desktop Services
RDS supports sessions and license management, with many improvements to the user experience and license management functions. It also includes native virtual machine (VM) support, as well as server roles to facilitate discovery, connection brokering, server farms (for larger-scale deployments and redundancy) and secure WAN access.
The model you choose should depend on whether you have more users or computers. Remember that RDS supports both:
A license for each connecting user or device
Once the licensing grace period is passed, you must have a license for each connecting user or device to connect to an RD Session Host server. You'll also need to activate the RDS Licensing on the server.
- You can virtualize an RD Session Host server, but you'll likely see a reduction in the number of simultaneous sessions it can support. Be sure to model on the same machine type (physical or virtual) you intend to use.
- RDS does not have concurrent-user licensing, and the licenses you select must match the mode for which you configure the RD Session Host server.
- If you do build a virtual RD Session Host server, you should probably use a server with a processor supporting second-level address translation (SLAT) to reduce the overhead of memory mapping between the physical machine and the VMs.
- To minimize cost, its also advisable to use a Type 1 hypervisor like Hyper-V, not a Type 2.
Installation of Windows Remote Desktop Services 2008
Install the RD Licensing role service just as you did the RD Session Host role service. Then you must:
Activate the RD Licensing server
Install RDS CALs
Install RDS CALs so the RD Licensing server can allocate them to users and devices
Use the RD Licensing server *
Tell the RD Session Host server to use the RD Licensing server.
*You must do this even if the two role services are located on the same machine
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
As a person who likes to be unique in every way and manner, user poersonalization is what floats my boat. I really like the ability to perserve my personalized settings across session collections and pooled virtual desktop collections. It makes my profile unique and pleasant and confortable to work with which has resulted in better products and easier work - more pleasant workplace means more productivity. My Choice Software, thank you for quickly delivering and helping me design my own version of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 RDS 1 Device CAL + Qual Parts.
Many amazing options Microsoft Windows Server 2008 RDS 1 Device CAL + Qual Parts brings to the table, such as the Unified Administration Experience. Theis neat option allows you to administer your session and virtual desktop collections, configure your RemoteApp programs, manage your virtual desktops, and add servers to the deployment from one centralized console. it might sound like kjust ok, but trust me, i am loving this option.
Though the product is nowhere near cheap as it should be and there re many newer and better versions, I really like using Microsoft Windows Server 2008 RDS 1 Device CAL + Qual Parts. Pooled virtual desktops can use local storage live migration between host computers, all thanks to Microsoft Windows Server 2008 RDS 1 Device CAL + Qual Parts and MyChoiceSoftware. Personal virtual desktops can use storage located on network shares. Now I can easilly deploy and manage pooled virtual desktops centrally by using a virtual desktop template. Any changes, such as application installation or security updates, are installed on the virtual desktop template, and the pooled virtual desktops are then recreated from the virtual desktop template.