Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Remote Desktop Service 5 DEVICE CALMFR # 6VC-01762 Digital Download
Windows Remote Desktop Services 2008
5 RDS User CALs with Same Day Deliver
Using Remote Desktop Services with Windows Server 2008 R2 opens a whole range of deployment scenarios using the new server roles and other features.
Remote Desktop Services
RDS supports sessions and license management, with many improvements to the user experience and license management functions. It also includes native virtual machine (VM) support, as well as server roles to facilitate discovery, connection brokering, server farms (for larger-scale deployments and redundancy) and secure WAN access.
The model you choose should depend on whether you have more users or computers. Remember that RDS supports both:
A license for each connecting user or device
Once the licensing grace period is passed, you must have a license for each connecting user or device to connect to an RD Session Host server. You'll also need to activate the RDS Licensing on the server.
- You can virtualize an RD Session Host server, but you'll likely see a reduction in the number of simultaneous sessions it can support. Be sure to model on the same machine type (physical or virtual) you intend to use.
- RDS does not have concurrent-user licensing, and the licenses you select must match the mode for which you configure the RD Session Host server.
- If you do build a virtual RD Session Host server, you should probably use a server with a processor supporting second-level address translation (SLAT) to reduce the overhead of memory mapping between the physical machine and the VMs.
- To minimize cost, its also advisable to use a Type 1 hypervisor like Hyper-V, not a Type 2.
Installation of Windows Remote Desktop Services 2008
Install the RD Licensing role service just as you did the RD Session Host role service. Then you must:
Activate the RD Licensing server
Install RDS CALs
Install RDS CALs so the RD Licensing server can allocate them to users and devices
Use the RD Licensing server *
Tell the RD Session Host server to use the RD Licensing server.
*You must do this even if the two role services are located on the same machine
- CALs Included 5 Remote Device CALs
- Installations Included 1 Connecting Installation per Device License
- Devices Supported 5 Remote Devices
- Licening Type Perpetual
- Licensing Term Indefinite
- Brand Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number 6VC-01762 - 1
- GTIN 885370441154
- Delivery Method Digital
- Estimated Delivery Time 30 Minutes
- Language English
- Platform Supported Server
- Operating System Supported Windows Server 2008