Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS 5 User CAL + Software Assurance
IN STOCK, Available for download within 30 minutes*
- Installation is guaranteed or your money back!
- The price you see is the price you pay!*
- Volume discounts available
- Support team available to assist you
Loading Recommended Products
Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Service 5 User CAL with software assurance
Licenses to add additional users to Windows Server remote desktop service.
Ever wished you could access your PC from the road? With Remote Desktop in Windows 7, you can.
Remote Desktop connects two computers over a network or the Internet. Once connected, you'll see the remote computer's desktop as if you were sitting right in front of it, and have access to all its programs and files.
This feature is included with all editions of Windows 7, but you can only connect to computers running the Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise editions.
Remote Desktop Connection is a technology that allows you to sit at a computer (sometimes called the client computer) and connect to a remote computer (sometimes called the host computer) in a different location. For example, you can connect to your work computer from your home computer and have access to all of your programs, files, and network resources as though you were in front of your computer at work. You can leave programs running at work and then, when you get home, you can see your work computer's desktop displayed on your home computer, with the same programs running.
Once the licensing grace period is past, you must have a license for each connecting user or device to connect to an RD Session Host server. Youll also need to install an RD Licensing server. You can install the RD Licensing role service on the same server?the service isnt very demanding?or on a separate server.
Youll need to purchase RDS Client Access Licenses (CALs) and install them on the RD Licensing server. These RDS CALs are tied to the server, but RDS lets you move them to new hardware if needed. Remember that RDS supports both per-user and per-device licensing. The model you choose should depend on whether you have more users or computers. RDS does not have concurrent-user licensing, and the licenses you choose must match the mode for which you configure the RD Session Host server.
Install the RD Licensing role service just as you did the RD Session Host role service. Then you must:
- Activate the RD Licensing server
- Install RDS CALs so the RD Licensing server can allocate them to users and devices
- Tell the RD Session Host server to use the RD Licensing server (you must do this even if the two role services are located on the same machine)
You can virtualize an RD Session Host server, but youll likely see a reduction in the number of simultaneous sessions it can support. Be sure to model on the same machine type (physical or virtual) you intend to use. If you do build a virtual RD Session Host server, you should probably use a server with a processor supporting second-level address translation (SLAT) to reduce the overhead of memory mapping between the physical machine and the VMs. To reduce overhead, its also advisable to use a Type 1 hypervisor like Hyper-V, not a Type 2
Windows Remote Desktop Services
|Manufacturer Part Number||6VC-01152|
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.microsoft.com|
|Product Name||Windows Remote Desktop Services|
|Product Type||Software Licensing|
|Software Name||Windows Remote Desktop Services|
|Operating System Supported||Windows|
|License Type||License & Software Assurance|
|License Quantity||1 User CAL|
|Licensing Program||Microsoft Open Business|
Request a Quote
* Shipping and taxes may differ by region
* License keys/serial numbers are emailed out within 30 minutes of purchase during normal business hours ( 6am - 5pm Pacific Time ). After hours licenses are emailed up to 2 hours after purchase before 8pm Pacific Time. Remaining licenses will be emailed the following morning. For orders placed on a weekend after 8pm Pacific Time, licenses are filled the next day by noon.
* Instant support only available during normal business hours.
Back to top