Windows RDS 2016
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop 50 UCALs
Limited Time Offer for Businesses!
Discover current vulnerabilities, assess weaknesses and outdated programs currently in use. Prevent data breaches or hacks within your company.
- Installation Method: Digital Download
- Estimated Delivery Time: 30 Minutes
- Users Supported: 50 Remote Users
- Devices Supported: 1 Concurrent Remote Device Connection per User License, Unlimited Non-Concurrent Device Connections per User License
- Installations Supported: Unlimited Connecting Device Installations per User License
- License Type: Perpetual
- License Term: Indefinite
- Licensed Use: Licensed for Home and Commercial Use
- Brand: Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number: 6VC-03224
- GTIN: 695087062807
- CALs Included: 50 User CALs
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows Server 2016
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop User CAL License
Windows Server 2016 is a cloud-compatible operating system that supports current workloads while bringing forth new technologies that make the transition to cloud computing a lot simpler.
New layers of security
The system adds many new layers of security to Windows Server 2016 and applies Azure-inspired innovation to the applications and infrastructure to transform the way you do business.
For physical server environments
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 is designed for physical or minimally virtualized server environments.
Windows Server 2016 licensing model
This product is a license for a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop User CAL for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (sold separately) that allows a device to connect to your server remotely.
Each user and device accessing a licensed Windows Server Standard, Datacenter or Multipoint edition require a Windows Server CAL, or a Windows Server and a RDS CAL.
The Windows Server 2016 licensing model includes both Cores + Client Access Licenses (CALs).
Access to server
A Windows Server CAL allows access to any edition of Windows Server of the same or earlier version.
Access to multiple licenses
Each Window Server CAL provides access to multiple licenses of Windows Server.
After the General Availability of Windows Server 2016, the business model for Standard and Datacenter editions will transition from processor-based to corebased licensing.
|Editions||Licensing model||CAL requirements*|
|Windows Server 2016 Datacenter||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Windows Server 2016 Standard||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Windows Server 2016 Essentials||Processor-based||No CAL required|
|Windows Server 2016 MultiPoint Premium Server||Processor-based||Windows Server CAL+ Remote Desktop Services CAL|
|Windows Storage Server 2016||Processor-based||No CAL required|
|Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016||NA||NA|
* Some additional or advanced functionality such as Remote Desktop Services or Active Directory Rights Management Services will continue to require the purchase of an additive CAL.
Azure Hybrid Use Benefit
Rather than paying the full price for a new Windows Server virtual machine, you will pay only the base to compute rate.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.