Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single User CAL - Open Government
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 User CALs
- Installation Method: Digital Download
- Estimated Delivery Time: 5 - 7 Business Days
- Users Supported: 1 Local User
- Devices Supported: 1 Concurrent Local Connection per User License, Unlimited Non-Concurrent Devices per User License
- Installations Supported: Unlimited Connecting Device Installations per User License
- License Type: Perpetual
- License Term: Indefinite
- Licensed Use: Licensed for Home and Commercial Use
- Brand: Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number: R18-05167
- CALs Included: 1 User CAL
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows Server 2016
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 - 5 User CALs
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 is designed for physical or minimally virtualized environments.
License for 5 single users
This product is for a Microsoft Windows Server 2016?- 5 Single User CALs for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (sold separately) that each permits the use of the software for a single user.
Cloud-compatible operating system
Windows Server 2016 is a cloud-compatible operating system that supports all current workloads while introducing new technologies that make transitioning to cloud computing much easier.
New layers of security
The system brings great new layers of security to the table and possesses Azure-inspired innovation for the applications and infrastructure that can transform the way you do business.
Windows Server 2016 licensing model
Each user and device accessing a licensed Windows Server Standard, Datacenter or Multipoint edition require a Windows Server CAL, or a Windows Server and a Remote Desktop Services (RDS) CAL.
- The Windows Server 2016 licensing model includes both Cores + Client Access Licenses (CALs).
- A Windows Server CAL allows access to any edition of Windows Server of the same or earlier version.
- Each Window Server CAL provides access to multiple licenses of Windows Server.
After the General Availability of Windows Server 2016, the business model for Standard and Datacenter editions will transition from processor-based to corebased licensing.
|Editions||Licensing model||CAL requirements*|
|Windows Server 2016 Datacenter||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Windows Server 2016 Standard||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Windows Server 2016 Essentials||Processor-based||No CAL required|
|Windows Server 2016 MultiPoint Premium Server||Processor-based||Windows Server CAL+ Remote Desktop Services CAL|
|Windows Storage Server 2016||Processor-based||No CAL required|
|Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016||NA||NA|
* Some additional or advanced functionality such as Remote Desktop Services or Active Directory Rights Management Services will continue to require the purchase of an additive CAL.
Leverage your existing investment in Windows Server
Rather than paying the full price for a new Windows Server virtual machine, you will pay only the base to compute rate.
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 product variations are available at My Choice Software.
Contact us to find out which version will work best for you.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single User CAL - Open Government is still going strong after more than 20 months! Mobile device integration, OWA, and basic mail functionality work just fine on a low powered VM for small companies. Support is ending soon, which will force a lot of upgrades, but definitely a solid product.
My Choice Software was really fast and reliable. will be back to them for anything i need from microsoft ever again!
Spent a little time using this and learned a lot. I think the environment outgrew the original email limits used for this so we had a few issues until we upgraded. It was a bit comlicated to learn how to use it initially, especially if you have multiple people learning it, biut you can conquer the software within a day and use it with ease later.Overall, Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single User CAL - Open Government i a great product!
Working with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single User CAL - Open Government Server since version 2000 (last century), I have witnessed many changes to the software. Some of the best additions to Microsoft Windows Server 2016 were the new Anti-spam Infrastructure and the removal of the mapped M: drive. We are using it every day ever since and the communication had never been easier. Yeah, nowadays you have these stupid ways like messenger and viber, but those shitty things aren't even remotelly safe.