Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single User CAL - Open LicenseMFR # R18-05123 Digital Download
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single User CAL - Open License
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 is designed for physical or minimally virtualized environments.
License for a single user
This product is an open license for a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single User Cal for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (sold separately) that permits the use of the software for a single user.
Cloud-compatible operating system
Windows Server 2016 is a cloud-compatible operating system that supports all current workloads while introducing new technologies that make transitioning to cloud computing much easier.
New layers of security
The system brings great new layers of security to the table and possesses Azure-inspired innovation for the applications and infrastructure that can transform the way you do business.
Windows Server 2016 licensing model
Each user and device accessing a licensed Windows Server Standard, Datacenter or Multipoint edition require a Windows Server CAL, or a Windows Server and a Remote Desktop Services (RDS) CAL.
- The Windows Server 2016 licensing model includes both Cores + Client Access Licenses (CALs).
- A Windows Server CAL allows access to any edition of Windows Server of the same or earlier version.
- Each Window Server CAL provides access to multiple licenses of Windows Server.
After the General Availability of Windows Server 2016, the business model for Standard and Datacenter editions will transition from processor-based to corebased licensing.
|Editions||Licensing model||CAL requirements*|
|Windows Server 2016 Datacenter||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Windows Server 2016 Standard||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Windows Server 2016 Essentials||Processor-based||No CAL required|
|Windows Server 2016 MultiPoint Premium Server||Processor-based||Windows Server CAL+ Remote Desktop Services CAL|
|Windows Storage Server 2016||Processor-based||No CAL required|
|Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016||NA||NA|
* Some additional or advanced functionality such as Remote Desktop Services or Active Directory Rights Management Services will continue to require the purchase of an additive CAL.
Leverage your existing investment in Windows Server
Rather than paying the full price for a new Windows Server virtual machine, you will pay only the base to compute rate.
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 product variations are available at My Choice Software.
Contact us to find out which version will work best for you.
- License Details Open Business
- CALs Included 1 User CAL
- Installations Included Unlimited Connecting Device Installations per User License
- Users Supported 1 Local Users
- Devices Supported 1 Concurrent Local Connection per User License, Unlimited Non-Concurrent Devices per User License
- Licening Type Perpetual
- Licensing Term Indefinite
- Brand Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number R18-05123
- GTIN 695087062517
- Delivery Method Digital
- Estimated Delivery Time 5 - 7 Business Days
- Language English
- Platform Supported Server
- Operating System Supported Windows Server 2016