Windows RDS 2012
Microsoft Windows Server Remote Desktop 2012 50 UCALs
Limited Time Offer for Businesses!
Our IT agent will call you after you place your order for your consultation!
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop CALs
- Installation Method: Digital Download
- Estimated Delivery Time: 30 Minutes
- Users Supported: 50 Remote Users
- Devices Supported: 1 Concurrent Remote Device Connection per User License, Unlimited Non-Concurrent Device Connections per User License
- Installations Supported: Unlimited Connecting Device Installations per User License
- License Type: Perpetual
- License Term: Indefinite
- Licensed Use: Licensed for Home and Commercial Use
- Brand: Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number: 883436334860
- GTIN: 883436334860
- CALs Included: 50 Remote User CALs
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services
What's new in Windows Server 2012 RDS
The key value that RDS provides is the ability to centralize and control the applications and data that employees need to perform their job from the variety of devices that the employee uses.
Optimized Media Streaming
Adaptive Network Auto Detect
DirectX11 Support with vGPU
Overall infrastructure simplification and cost reduction
Cost and complexity is a major roadblock for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and hosted desktop deployments of all sizes. In Windows Server 2012 there are many improvements to address this problem, such as:
Robust Pooled Virtual Desktop Collection model
User Profile Disk
Wide range of high-performance and low cost storage options
Fairshare of resources in RD Session Host
The physical GPU is optional for VDI
Removal of a dedicated RD Session Host server running in redirection mode
Overall management simplification
This is targeted at improving the E2E management experience as well as enabling partner solution creation. Improvements include:
A single management interface
RDS now includes a single management interface through which you can deploy RDS end to end, monitor the deployment, configure options, and manage all your RDS components and servers.
The new Server Manager sets up all the roles needed for an RDS deployment, configures each server role correctly to communicate with the other roles, and walks you through creating your first virtual desktop or session collection as well.
Active/Active RD Connection Broker
Two RD Connection Brokers can be combined as a farm to provide both fault tolerance and load balancing. This prevents the broker from being a single point of failure and also allows ?scale out? as load demands.
All platform functions and capabilities can be controlled through a comprehensive and rich PowerShell layer. IT administrators can use it to build sophisticated automation that helps fit RDS into their IT infrastructure.
Remember that RDS supports both per-user and per-device licensing.
Pooled virtual desktop collection
Personal virtual desktop collection
Three deployment choices
Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2012 provides a single infrastructure, and consistently great remoting experience even over WAN while offering three deployment choices to reduce the cost appropriate to the needs of the user. The administration is simplified and platform hooks are provided for partner extension to provide additional value and solutions.
Move to new hardware if needed
You'll need to purchase RDS Client Access Licenses (CALs) and install them on the RD Licensing server. These RDS CALs are tied to the server, but RDS lets you move them to new hardware if needed.
Choose right model
The model you choose should depend on whether you have more users or computers. RDS does not have concurrent-user licensing, and the licenses you choose must match the mode for which you configure the RD Session Host server.
You must have a license for each connecting user or device to connect to an RD Session Host server.
- Once the licensing grace period is past, you must have a license for each connecting user or device to connect to an RD Session Host server.
- You'll also need to install an RD Licensing server.
- You can install the RD Licensing role service on the same server the service isnt very demanding or on a separate server.
Install the RD Licensing role service just as you did the RD Session Host role service. Then you must:
Virtualize an RD Session Host server
- You can virtualize an RD Session Host server, but youll likely see a reduction in the number of simultaneous sessions it can support. Be sure to model on the same machine type (physical or virtual) you intend to use.
- If you do build a virtual RD Session Host server, you should probably use a server with a processor supporting second-level address translation (SLAT) to reduce the overhead of memory mapping between the physical machine and the VMs. To reduce overhead, its also advisable to use a Type 1 hypervisor like Hyper-V, not a Type 2.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.