Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Sp2 Retail Box Upgrade
- Installation Method: DVD-Rom
- Packaging: Retail Box
- Estimated Delivery Time: 3 - 5 Business Days
- Users Supported: 1 User
- Devices Supported: 1 Device
- Installations Supported: 1 Installation
- License Type: Perpetual
- License Term: Indefinite
- Licensed Use: Licensed for Home and Commercial Use
- Brand: Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number: E85-02666
- GTIN: 805529831285
- Features: Upgrade from Windows 2000 to XP
- Minimum Hard Drive Space: 1.5 GB
- Minimum Memory: 128 MB
- Minimum Processor Speed: 233 MHz
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Upgrade Retail Box
- Builds on the strengths of Windows 2000 and NT, making it more powerful and stable than previous operating systems.
- Supports even more devices and technologies so that you can take advantage of the next generation of hardware devices.
- Runs hundreds of programs not compatible with Windows 2000, and enables you to set up your system to run in compatibility mode even if a program isn't supported by Windows XP.
- Windows Messenger the easy way to communicate with anyone in real time, users can choose text, voice, and video with excellent performance.
- Remote Desktop allows users to create a virtual session onto their desktop computer from any Windows 95 or later based-computer, giving them remote access to all of their data and applications.
- Wireless 802.1x Networking Support provides secured access, as well as performance improvements for wireless networks.
- Remote Assistance allows users to have a peer or IT Professional remotely control their PC to demonstrate a process or help solve a problem.
- Policy-Based Desktop Management (IntelliMirror Technology) allows group policies and roaming user profiles, simplifying desktop and user management when using a Windows 2000 Server infrastructure.
- Multi-Language Support allows users to quickly create, read, and edit documents in many different languages. Internet Explorer 6 includes many new and enhanced features that simplify tasks, increase reliability, and help maintain the privacy of personal information on the Web.
- Encrypting File System provides the highest level of protection from hackers and data theft by transparently encrypting files with a randomly generated key.
- User State Migration Tool can migrate a users data and application/operating settings from their old to their new desktop.
- New Task-Based Visual Design helps users navigate more easily by exposing the most common tasks through a cleaner and new visual cues.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
What's not to like. It is the dominant gaming operating system for now. The full version will repair windows in the event of a crash, as opposed to the OEM version from the computer vendor (or purchased), which requires a total reinstallation, including all other applications on the hard drive in question. I had an OEM disk, but opted for a new full version with repair capability to avoid any future total reinstallations. Some of my current games and applications would not reinstall on my desktop computer and are lost, but, oddly, as a test, installed on my laptop with Windows Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Sp2.
Every time I get a new system or a used one I always install Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Sp2. I could go on and on about how I like XP over vista or windows 7. But you would become bored with all of the tech talk. This OS is not the latest but I'll use it any way. My mother has allays told me if it is not broke don't fix it. well XP in my opinion is not broke. The only disappointment I had with the packing is it came in a folder not a box. The photo shows you it comes in a nice box. I give the photo one star because of the false advertising. I like that it is easy to network and share files. Easy to trouble shoot. Easy to use.Works well on most older computer systems. I recommend service pack 2 over sp 3. If you chose to buy this os you will not be sorry. For the Expert User you may install XP on a virtual Machine while your host is running Vista or windows 7.
Please note the os is 32 bit not 64 bit
I have used Windows Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Sp2 since 2005 and love it for being letting me get my work done. I think it is still Microsoft's best ever operating system for business use largely because of its "clean lines". It lacks the eye candy of Windows 7/8 but in my view that is a plus. It also runs on lighter hardware than Win 7/8, e.g. i3 plus 4 MB RAM. It is very stable indeed, I haven't suffered a crash in 7+ years of use. I also like Windows XP because it will run my "legacy" business programs that won't run under Windows 7/8, and I decided to build an XP box and run them on that rather in XP mode under Win 7/8. It works just fine. Windows XP isn't a good fit for multimedia users, however, it's "all business". I hated the delivery time, but i was happy when i installed