Symantec Backup Exec 2012 For Windows Servers With Basic Support
- Manufacturer Symantec Corporation
- Manufacturer Part Number 21218014
- Manufacturer Website Address http://www.symantec.com
- Brand Name Symantec
- Product Type Software
- Software Name Backup Exec 2012 Server
- Platform Supported PC
- License Pricing Standard
- License Quantity 1 Server
- Licensing Program Symantec Buying Program: Business Pack
- Distribution Media/Method DVD-ROM
- New administration console:
- Quickly and easily configure and monitor backup and restore jobs.
- Easy to manage alerts, view server status, and monitor disk storage utilization, as well as grouping servers or applications into logical containers for easier monitoring.
- Reduce downtime and disruption.
- Replace time consuming, error prone manual system recovery process with fast, efficient, automated system recovery.
- Drastically shrink the amount of time your business-critical services are down.
- Simultaneously back up a physical machine and convert it to a virtual machine or virtual disk.
- Convert an existing backup set to a virtual machine.
- Restores are initiated by Restore Wizards that guide you through a process that is designed specifically for the type of data that you want to restore.
- Automated disaster recovery.
- Ensure virtual machines are always up and running.
- Reduce data storage by up to 10:1.
- Significant LAN/WAN bandwidth savings.
- Easily identify unprotected data and ensure it's always protected.
- VMware and Backup Exec administrators can now easily validate the recoverability of full VM backups.
- The vSphere client console not only provides administrators an easy to view window to see the validation of full VM backups recoverability but also easy to manage backup and recovery operations.
- Disk storage is easier to create now that Backup Exec chooses the best location to store your backups.
- Backup Exec now provides storage trending, and capacity monitoring and reporting.
- Backup Exec uses SMTP for email notifications and supports SMTP authentication.
- Notification email messages can be sent to any email address, including: Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, and Web-based email applications such as Gmail or Yahoo mail.
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
- 1.44 GB (Typical installation)
- 2.32 GB (Includes all options)
- The Backup Exec database and catalogs require additional space
- An additional 330 MB for SQL Express
- 512 MB RAM
- 2 GB RAM or more for better performance (Recommended)
- For the Central Admin Server Option: 1 GB RAM is required (2 GB RAM Recommended)
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB (dedicated) for the multi-lingual version
- Virtual Memory Recommendations: 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
- CD/DVD ROM
- System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) 2007
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- SQL Server or SQL Express with Service Pack 4
- Network Interface Card or a Virtual Network Adapter Card
- RAM and Disk Space requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration
- You cannot install a Backup Exec server on a computer that runs the Windows Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2008. You can only install the Backup Exec Agent for Windows on Server Core computers
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 for Windows Servers with Basic Support
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 is one integrated product that protects virtual and physical environments, simplifies both backup and disaster recovery, and offers unmatched recovery capabilities. Powered by Symantec V-Ray technology, Backup Exec 2012 restores entire servers, critical Microsoft applications, and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments to dramatically minimize business downtime.
- Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders or granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds with patented V-Ray technology
- Agentless backup of virtual machines
- Integrated bare-metal, dissimilar hardware and physical to virtual (P2V) recovery
- Best of breed data deduplication to optimize any backup strategy with client, media server and appliance data deduplication
- Innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery
- Protects a broad range of operating systems, platforms, applications and databases in both virtual and physical environments with support for disk and tape storage devices
|license package type:||License with Support|
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.