|Manufacturer Part Number||21218017|
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.symantec.com|
|Product Name||Backup Exec 2012|
Backup Exec 2012 is one integrated product that protects virtual and physical environments, simplifies both backup and disaster recovery, and offers unmatched recovery capabilities. Powered by Symantec V-Ray technology, Backup Exec 2012 restores entire servers, critical Microsoft applications, and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments to dramatically minimize business downtime.
|Software Main Type||Security|
|Software Sub Type||Backup & Recovery|
|Software Name||Backup Exec 2012|
- New innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups of servers to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery.
- Rapidly recover an entire server, to the same hardware or dissimilar hardware in minutes, not hours or days.
- Convert Backups to Virtual Machines for instant recovery so that if a server fails, you can get that server back up and running in a VMware or Hyper-V environment in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine!
- Restore Wizards guide you through a process that is designed specifically for the type of data that you want to restore. For example, when you restore application data, you are prompted only with the options that apply to that application's data.
- The Restore Wizard guides you through restoring an entire server, files, and folders, volumes, and application data.
- Virtual Machine Auto Recovery for VMware provides high availability for virtual applications. Through the Backup Exec Management Plug-in 2.0 for VMware with Symantec's ApplicationHA 6.0, enables Backup Exec to automatically restore a failed VM in order to recover lost application services once Symantec ApplicationHA has exhausted the steps to remediate the failure.
- Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders or granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds with patented V-Ray technology
- Agentless backup of virtual machines
- Integrated bare-metal, dissimilar hardware and physical to virtual (P2V) recovery
- Best of breed data deduplication to optimize any backup strategy with client, media server and appliance data deduplication
- Innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery
- Protects a broad range of operating systems, platforms, applications and databases in both virtual and physical environments with support for disk and tape storage devices
- Award winning data protection and disaster recovery designed for physical and virtual environments in a single unified solution
- Protect an unlimited number of virtual machines per host
- Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it with a single click
- Recover an entire system to the same hardware, entirely different hardware or virtual machine in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine
- Easily reduce data backup storage by 10:1 and shrink the backup window while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments
- Eliminate point solutions, backup complexity, unnecessary storage growth, costs and risk with a single unified scalable solution
|Operating System Supported||Windows|
|License Type||Complete Product|
|License Quantity||1 Server|
|Licensing Program||Symantec Buying Program: Business Pack|
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
- 1.44 GB (Typical installation)
- 2.32 GB (Includes all options)
- An additional 330 MB for SQL Express
- The Backup Exec database and catalogs require additional space
- 512 MB RAM
- 2 GB RAM or more for better performance (Recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB RAM Recommended) For the Central Admin Server Option
- 1 GB (dedicated) for the multi-lingual version (Symantec Recovery Disk)
- 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes) for Virtual Memory Recommendations
- RAM may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed and the specific computer configuration
- System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) 2007
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- SQL Server or SQL Express with Service Pack 4
- Network Interface Card or a Virtual Network Adapter Card
- Disk space requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed and the specific system configuration
- You cannot install a Backup Exec server on a computer that runs the Windows Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2008. You can only install the Backup Exec Agent for Windows on Server Core computers
|Service & Support||1 Year - Phone Support - Response time: 1 hour - availability: 10 hours a day ( 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM ) / Monday-Friday - 2 named contacts|
|Service & Support||1 Year - New Releases Update - Availability: 24 hours a day / Monday-Sunday|
|Service & Support||1 Year - Security Alert Notification|