Windows 7 Installation via Bootable Media
1. Windows Installation Boot Media
ISO -> USB / CD/DVD
1. Click on either the 32-bit or 64-bit download link.
(If you are unsure, select the 64-bit link.)
2. Click on 'Download through your browser' and take note where the Windows.iso setup file was saved.
3. Use the Windows 7 Media Tool...
Windows 7 usb / cd/dvd boot media tool
Windows 7 USB / CD/DVD Media Tool
[OR https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7 ]
3a. Install the Windows USB/DVD Media Tool (that you just downloaded).
4. Open/Run up the Media Creation Tool (that you just installed) [and click run].
5. Browse to the location of the ['windows.iso'] file / where the downloaded file was saved (see step 2 above).
3. Select 'DVD' OR 'USB'...
If you selected ISO: Insert a disc when the application asks.
If you selected USB: Have the USB inserted in the computer.
(Warning! This will destroy/wipe all data existing on the USB device!)
2. Change BIOS to Boot from USB / CD/DVD [boot media]
USB / CD/DVD BIOS Boot Order (To enforce boot from preferred media)
You may need to change your system BIOS to start from the boot media (that you created).
1. Start your computer to Enter your computer's BIOS.
(When the BIOS screen appears or you are prompted to do so, press Del, Esc, F2, F10, or F9 (depending on your computer’s motherboard) to enter the system BIOS. The key to enter the BIOS is usually shown on the screen.)
2. Find your BIOS's Boot Options menu.
3. Select the appropriate Boot Media Device (CD/DVD-ROM drive OR USB) as the first boot device of your computer.
4. Save the changes of the settings.
5. Shut off your computer.
6. Insert the CD/DVD / USB boot media.
7. Start your computer to boot from the CD/DVD/USB.
3. Windows 7 Installation via Bootable Media
1. Insert the USB or CD/DVD Windows Installation Setup boot media.
2. Power on the computer to start the Windows Installation Setup process.
3. Watch for a message about pressing a key to boot from the device.
Press a key to force the computer to start from the Windows Installation Setup boot media.
(When the computer starts, press a key, if you are asked if you would like to start from the Windows Installation Setup boot media by pressing any key.)
4. Once Windows Setup loads, you should be presented with a Windows Setup window...
Choose your Windows Setup options / Select your Regional Settings
(preferred language, keyboard type, and time/currency format), then click Next.
5. Click the 'Install' Now button.
6. Accept the License Terms. Read over the Microsoft Software License Terms,
check 'I accept the license terms', and click Next.
7. Select the Custom installation.
8. Decide which hard drive and partition you want to install Windows on
Delete All Partitions, so Windows Install will take over install the Windows OS onto the hard drive you select.
Warning!!! Deleting partitions will delete/destroy all data(software, applications and files!) on the partitions that you delete
...which may result in destroying valuable data! ! !
9. Install Windows on your preferred hard drive / partition. , select it and click Next. Windows will begin installing.
10. After installation has completed, remove the Windows Install Media and click Finish. (When you restart your computer, it should run your new Windows Operating System.)