Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services - 5 User CalsMFR # 6VC-01756 Digital Download
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services - 5 User Cals
Same Day license delivered within 30 minutes during normal business hours and same day outside of business hours.
Once the licensing grace period is past, you must have a license for each connecting user or device to connect to an RD Session Host server. You'll also need to install an RD Licensing server. You can install the RD Licensing role service on the same server?the service isnt very demanding?or on a separate server.
Youll need to purchase RDS Client Access Licenses (CALs) and install them on the RD Licensing server. These RDS CALs are tied to the server, but RDS lets you move them to new hardware if needed. Remember that RDS supports both per-user and per-device licensing. The model you choose should depend on whether you have more users or computers. RDS does not have concurrent-user licensing, and the licenses you choose must match the mode for which you configure the RD Session Host server.
Install the RD Licensing role service just as you did the RD Session Host role service. Then you must:
- Activate the RD Licensing server
- Install RDS CALs so the RD Licensing server can allocate them to users and devices
- Tell the RD Session Host server to use the RD Licensing server (you must do this even if the two role services are located on the same machine)
You can virtualize an RD Session Host server, but youll likely see a reduction in the number of simultaneous sessions it can support. Be sure to model on the same machine type (physical or virtual) you intend to use. If you do build a virtual RD Session Host server, you should probably use a server with a processor supporting second-level address translation (SLAT) to reduce the overhead of memory mapping between the physical machine and the VMs. To reduce overhead, its also advisable to use a Type 1 hypervisor like Hyper-V, not a Type 2.
- CALs Included 5 Remote User CALs
- Installations Included Unlimited Connecting Device Installations per User License
- Users Supported 5 Remote Users
- Devices Supported 1 Concurrent Remote Device Connection per User License, Unlimited Non-Concurrent Device Connections per User License
- Licening Type Perpetual
- Licensing Term Indefinite
- Brand Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number 6VC-01760
- GTIN 885370441130
- Delivery Method Digital
- Estimated Delivery Time 30 Minutes
- Language English
- Platform Supported Server
- Operating System Supported Windows Server 2012
Quick and Easy
Received activation code quick, transaction smooth.
Works 100% as advertised and perfect. Very easy install.